By Tessa Dean November 2022
Rhoda was arguing with her 15-year-old daughter about her curfew again. This was a nightly argument and Rhoda was getting tired of it. She looked at her husband for some support, and all he said was, “It’s not my monkeys, not my circus.”
Rhoda stared at her husband Rupert for a bit in confusion. “What the heck!”
Rupert looked at her and said, “It’s not my problem, Rhoda. She’s your daughter, and she never listens to me, so I am not getting involved in your fight.” He turned and left the room.
“Come back here!” She ran after him.
November 28, 2022, prompt: In 99 words (no more, no less), write a story using the saying, “not my monkeys, not my circus”. What is the situation that would spawn that aphorism? Have fun with setting and characters! Go where the prompt leads!
- Submit by December 3, 2022. Please use the form if you want to be published in the weekly collection. The Collection publishes on the Wednesday following the next Challenge. Rules & Guidelines. Stories must be 99-words.
- Carrot Ranch only accepts stories through the form below. Accepted stories will be published in a weekly collection. Writers retain all copyrights.
- Your blog or social media link will be included in your title when the Collection publishes.
- Please include your byline which is the name or persona you attribute to your writing.
- Please include the hashtag #99WordStories when sharing either the Challenge or Collection posts on social media.
Advocate for mental health and invisible illnesses
New Author’s Website – http://www.tessadeanauthor.wordpress.com
Author – Old Writing – http://www.finallyawriter.wordpress.com
About my life – http://www.tessacandoit.wordpress.com
Author of a book published on the blog, https://tessacandoit.wordpress.com/government-property-a-memoir-as-a-military-wife/